- “Ultra HD Class D” concept which combines the high-end sound quality of Class AB technology with the benefits of Class D amplifiers
- Two speaker outputs with 490 Watts RMS each at 2 Ohms
- Digital, optical signal input in SPDIF format including SPDIF Direct In switch for routing the digital input signal directly to the power stage
- BurrBrown DA signal converter of the latest generation with a resolution of 32 Bit
- Integrated, active crossover with highpass, lowpass, bandpass and configurable bass boost
- Smart highlevel input with ADEP circuit
- Cable remote control for volume adjustment
- Compact design with low heat dissipation thanks to extraordinary efficiency
Ultra HD Class D amplifier technology
Compared to conventional Class D amps, this concept achieves an extended frequency response to more than 40 kHz in combination with reduced distortion thanks to an advanced integrated feedback design. Ultra HD Class D achieves outstanding, “Class AB-like” sound quality combined with the efficiency of a Class D amplifier.
Signal converters with a native resolution of 32 Bit
The HELIX P TWO uses for the optical input a highclass DA signal converter of the latest generation with a native resolution of 32 Bit instead of the common 24 Bit. The result is an unprecedented precision in signal conversion that especially optimizes the sound quality at lower signal levels.
Smart highlevel input
The latest generation of OE car radios incorporates sophisticated possibilities of diagnosing the connected speakers. If a common amplifier will be hooked up failure messages and loss of specific features (e.g. fader function) quite often appears - but not with the P TWO. The new ADEP circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection) avoids all these problems without loading the speaker outputs of the OE radio during high volumes unnecessarily.
The switched power supply of the HELIX P TWO assures operation even if the battery’s voltage drops down to 6 Volts during engine crank.