- New “Pure Class GD” concept for outstanding sound quality combined with best possible efficiency
- Cutting-edge, extremely powerful “fixed point” Audio DSP with 64 Bit resolution and 1.2 billion MAC operations per second
- Eight speaker outputs with up to 120 Watts RMS into 2 Ohms
- Two processed RCA outputs
- Inputs: 6 x RCA, 6 x Highlevel with up to 20V RMS input sensitivity, optical SPDIF input
- Smart highlevel input with ADEP circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection)
- HELIX Extension Card slot (HEC) for additional input / output modules like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB etc.
- Automatic Remote switch
- Compact design with low heat dissipation thanks to extraordinary efficiency
Pure Class GD amplifier technology
Audiotec Fischers proprietary Pure Class GD concept takes the efficiency of conventional Class D amps to the next level. By varying the internal supply voltage depending on the amplifier’s input signals, idle losses are significantly reduced and overall efficiency is close to maximum at any time. So heat dissipation is almost negligible thus allowing smallest heat sinks and most compact form factors. Besides that Pure Class GD amp outperforms conventional Class D designs in terms of sound quality by implementing a fully differential signal path and improved output filter design.
Smart highlevel input
The latest generation of OE car radios incorporates sophisticated possibilities of diagnosing the connected speakers. If a common amplifier will be hooked up failure messages and loss of specific features (e.g. fader function) quite often appears - but not with the V EIGHT DSP.
The new ADEP circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection) avoids all these problems without loading the speaker outputs of the OE radio during high volumes unnecessarily.
Power Save Mode
The Power Save Mode is incorporated in the basic setup. It allows to significantly reduce the power consumption of the V EIGHT DSP and connected amplifiers once there’s no input signal present for more than 60 seconds. Please note that in many up-to-date cars with “CAN” or any other internal bus structures it may happen that the radio remains “invisibly” turned on for up to 45 min. even after leaving the car! Once the “Power Save Mode“ is active the remote output (Rem Out) and the internal amplifier stages will be turned off. The HELIX V EIGHT DSP will reactivate the remote output and the internal amplifier stages within a second if a music signal is applied. It is possible to either modify the turn-off time of 60 sec. or completely deactivate the “Power Save Mode” via the DSP PC-Tool software.
The switched power supply of the HELIX V EIGHT DSP assures a constant internal supply voltage even if the battery’s voltage drops to 6 Volts during engine crank.
Automatic Digital Signal Detection
Switching from analog input to the digital input is done automatically as soon as a signal is detected on the Optical Input. This feature can be deactivated in the DSP PC-Tool software. Alternatively you can use an optional remote control for manual switching between analog and digital inputs.
Note: The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Audiotec Fischer GmbH is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.