- 5-channel Class GD amplifier with integrated 7-channel DSP
- Very compact dimensions and low heat dissipation thanks to maximum efficiency
- Two power options: “HighPower” mode for maximum performance and “MidPower” mode with reduced output power and low power consumption for Plug & Play applications
- Extremely powerful “fixed point” audio DSP with 56 Bit resolution
- Optical input in SPDIF format with sampling rates between 6 and 96 kHz
- Automatic remote switch
- Smart highlevel input with ADEP circuit
- Freely configurable 2-channel PreOut for the connection of additional amplifiers
- Subwoofer connection cable for MATCH Plug & Play and conventional subwoofers included in delivery
- Control input for optional cable remote control
Smart highlevel input
The latest generation of OE car radios incorporates sophisticated possibilities of diagnosing the connected speakers. If an usual amplifier will be hooked up failure messages and loss of specific features (e.g. fader function) are often the result - but not with the M 5DSP. The new ADEP circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection) avoids all these problems without loading the speaker outputs of the OE radio during high volumes unnecessarily.
Two power options
The M 5DSP has two power modes - the “HighPower” mode for maximum performance and “MidPower” mode with reduced output power and lower power consumption for Plug & Play applications.
Automatic Digital Signal Detection
Switching from analog input to the digital input is done automatically as soon as a signal is detected on the Optical Input. This feature can be deactivated in the DSP PC-Tool software. Alternatively you can use an optional remote control for manual switching between analog and digital inputs.
Power Save Mode
The “Power Save Mode” is incorporated in the basic setup of the DSP PC-Tool software. It allows to significantly reduce the power consumption of the M 5DSP (or any additional connected amplifier) once there’s no input signal for more than 60 seconds. Please note that in many up-to-date cars with “CAN” or any other internal bus structures it may happen that the car radio (and therefore the M 5DSP as well) remains “invisibly” turned on for up to 45 min. after leaving the car! Once the “Power Save Mode” is active the output stages of the M 5DSP and its remote output will be turned off, thus reducing current
draw to less than 250 mA. The amp will turn again to full operation within 2 sec. if a music signal is applied. It is possible to either modify the turn-off time of 60 sec. or completely deactivate the “Power Save Mode” via the DSP PC-Tool.